Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Bible In Four Sentences

For a while now, I have been wanting to learn more about the bible from a New Age, spiritual perspective. Tonight I got my chance.

Steve Cooper gave a lecture tonight in which he explained the bible in four sentences. As I was not taking notes, this will have go from memory:

1. The Garden of Eden is Paradise, innocence, creation.
2. As God is everything, the eating of the apple is about the fall of God.
3. The resurrection is our rebirth.
4. Armageddon is the death of the ego.

Okay, so now I don't have to read the Bible.

Actually, funny as it may sound for a spiritual New Age person as I am, I have had a desire lately to read it. But, I want to read a version that is as close to the original writings as I can get. Who do I ask about this? Any takers?

Now, back to the lecture. In listening to what Steve Cooper had to say--and the man is brilliant by the way--I was struck with two things: 1. the complete realization that I know less than I thought I did about anything and 2. I want to know more.

Starting with: why the fall of God? I mean, if God all ready had all the knowledge, what is the purpose of him/her 'falling'?  Was he/she bored and wanting something to do to fill the time?  Are we here in his/her image as some elaborate game? Are our spirit selves hovering above us watching us play at this earth game, eating popcorn and enjoying our struggles as live theater? The ultimate reality show?

So far, no questions about the resurrection stuff. I'm sure I'll think of something to confuse myself with in the future, though.

The death of the ego as Armageddon, that is a good one. It makes sense. As the ego is about fear, it will be all about being scared of this day and fill our hearts with dread about what is to come. It does not want to die. It will go out kicking and screaming in the ultimate world wide temper tantrum.

Next question: is Armageddon something that we are all going through in stages or will it hit in one big swoop on 'Judgement Day'.

Okay, now that one I have been working with for awhile, in my mind and through meditations and spiritual guide downloads.  Worldwide, we are all going through spiritual growth and ego deaths, individually and as countries against one another. At this time in history, fear is more intense, there are more people, and there are more weapons than ever before. Also, social media allows us to see what is going on in every country with out governmental filters.  And as there is more violence, there is also more peace than ever before. The dichotomy of love and fear is pronounced and explosive.

The more there are of people who are choosing love over fear, and are awakening to our connection to everything on the planet, the less violent Armageddon will be.  More love equals less violence.  Just a simple math problem.

In reading over what I have written, I bring up mucho questions and few answers. An unrequited love. But it's where I am at, so at least it is genuine.

That's all I understand about this bible end of the world as we know it stuff that I have for now.  If anyone has any more knowledge, please share.

Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment