Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Acupuncture

I tried acupuncture today! It was intense; filled with emotion, discomfort, lines of energy zipping through my body, and deeply relaxing.  Way more of everything than I thought it might be.

The acupuncturist was an older Chinese woman with a strong accent and playful eyes--the epitome of acupuncturist archetype. She felt my wrists and I felt a line of energy surging out my ring fingers, up my arm and down my legs.

Next, she gave me an evaluation of where my organ weakness and muscle tightness were coming from--all accurate.  It was about childhood stuff I had yet to fully recognize.

Lying on a massage table face down, she stuck me with a few thin needles in my neck, legs and arms. As I lay there for about half an hour, past emotions showed up.  In being able to feel and acknowledge them, the emotions were released.  I felt peace.

Afterwards, as she knew that I, too, was gifted in seeing within others, she asked me what I saw in her.  I looked for a few moments and then saw a little girl; she was endearing and sweet.  It was an honor to be asked by her.

Acupuncture is a moving experience that I recommend.

Namaste
Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment