Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Power > Excuses

I was going to write this blog earlier, but I ran out of cat food, my dog needed a walk, my son wanted to show me how to use a Diablo, the cupboards needed cleaning and there was a glass of red wine screaming to be sipped.  It's not my fault this took so long to write.

This may all be true but...

Giving excuses gives away my power because I am not being responsible for my own life. Giving away my power reduces my ability to change my life.

Why do I want to change my life?  Because I want to increase my happiness.

And who increases my happiness? Me.

So, I am writing this blog right now because it brings me happiness.  No excuses.

I do have to admit that I always maintained my power over those dirty cupboards. In no way did they coerce me into cleaning them over writing this blog.

Namaste,
Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment