Sunday, October 6, 2013

Playful Practitioner

This morning at the Spiritual Center that I attend on Sunday mornings, I experienced a trigger of something I would like to do for children.  The Center offers courses in becoming a Practitioner, someone who learns techniques to assist others on their spiritual path.  What I want to do is to become more knowledgeable about the faith that I have known since I was a child: the power of the mind and of our thoughts. From this learning, I can incorporate awakening, awareness and love for children through stories.

The Narnia series, over the course of seven books, is really about choosing love over fear. I have written previously about the last book in which people chose love by entering an unknown shack that appears tattered small on the outside, but once they had made the choice and entered the dwelling, they found heaven on earth. C.S. Lewis, the author, wrote in a way that was entertaining. He pulled us into his land of Narnia with out ever letting on that this was really a message about accepting love.

What I see in most children's books written today that are about awakening and Divine Love is blatant messages that children tend to be bored with.  Kids want to play, read about adventure, and connect with characters.  I see adult ego at work wanting to feel that their written words are so beautiful that children will be transformed by self-help and inspiring works.  That's not the way of the child.

My vision is to create a nest for my self and my family, a comfortable home, from which I can spend my energies creating stories that will interweave messages of love through story telling.  And I don't want the Little Buggers to ever suspect a thing!

Anyone reading this, please take a moment to share this vision with me. As Jesus was quoted: 'For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.' For me this means that the more of us who are sharing a vision, the more love energy is present for us all.

May you be as playful as a child today,

Heather Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment